Monday, September 26, 2011

~Another Market~

So I'm jumping in with both feet!  I did the Vintage Market last month and it was so much fun.  I can't wait to do it again on Nov. 11th and 12th but until then I'm going to do the Cave Creek Thieves Market....this Saturday!  I feel a little rushed just because I have some pieces I want to take with me but aren't  quite  finished but it's good.  I always need motivation and I honestly work better when I'm rushed.  It helps me focus.  Weird I know.  That's how I studied in college.  I crammed!  Cramming was how I got it done.  If I started studying the week before the test, I kind of loligaged. How do you spell that?  But if I started studying two days prior, I would rock it and always felt more prepared.  So here are some pictures of my mess ....um...er....projects.   Again, don't judge me.  Sadly I was not born with OCD.... I wish I had been....I'm sure my husband would agree. :)  (**Not making fun of OCD, I know it's a tragic disorder that people really suffer with. I just want a little bit of it.)

There's a lot going on here. Yikes.

Here is a dresser on top of a dresser....can you see that I'm lacking in room? The top one with the drawers out, I bought on CL.  I salvaged the bottom one.  It's an antique dresser that had been in someones front yard for who knows how long.  Poor thing.  She was going to throw it away.  The missionaries from my church saw it and asked about it....then asked if I could have it.  Aren't they sweet?  It's in pretty rough shape.  I've done...OK, my husbands done ALOT of gluing and clamping for me.  It still has some rough edges but it gives it character, just needs to go to a good home that can love it's nicks and imperfections.




This armoire was also in the yard with the dresser.  It's a great piece of furniture but I had to....OK, my husband had to make it sturdy again.  We also added some shelves inside.  Nowadays not many people are putting their TVs in armoires.  I think it will fair better as a clothing armoire.
  It does have another door, we just took it off.


Looky here!  These are some cabinet doors that were taking out of my MIL's house.  They are currently remodeling and I scored a bunch of these.  I'll show you what I did with them soon. :)



Free!!  Don't you love it when you see a sign on the side of the road that says that?! About a year ago there was a trailer parked on the side of the road full of junk treasures.  I stopped and pulled out a few. I loved Chinese checkers as a kid.   Take note though, the cream center and blue outline are from me.   I forgot to get a before picture but it was pretty sad. 


So there are a few of the things that I'm working on right now.  I'll get some AFTER pictures up soon. :)




2 comments:

Just Jaime said...

Good luck getting everything done and this weekend =)

WhyCuzICan said...

GOOD LUCK with all of your planned markets :) Sounds like you jumped in with both feet and the pair of feets of others too....all the best!

Enjoying your blog from my Dashboard (Follower)
~Suzanne in NW IL