Sunday, November 6, 2011

French Provincial

This is another CL find.  I was so excited to get this dresser....solid wood, dovetail drawers, awesome condition. Unfortunately I didn't get a before pic. Sorry, I hate that.  I'm posting a picture of one I found on bing that looks similar to the color of what mine looked like.  She didn't look that bad but I wouldn't put it in my house like that. I decided to try the Old Fashioned Milk Paint.  I love the ASCP and I wanted to see how the Milk Paint compared.  I like it. It's different then the chalk paint obviously and I think I'd prefer the chalk paint but I can actually drive to pick this up instead of paying $15 to have chalk paint mailed to me. Here is the picture I found that looks similar to the color and style of mine....just so you have an idea.



And here is mine:

I also distressed the edges with sand paper and then rubbed them with dark stained to get that antique look.






I think she's lovely. She's in my shop. :)



*Linking up to Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays.....Button on my side bar!


2 comments:

Lori said...

I think she is lovely too. I'm a new follower, so stop by and follow if you like. Warm wishes, Lori

Jennifer said...

She is very lovely!! Again, amazing job!
Thanks again for partying with us at Show & Share!