Friday, January 20, 2012

Revived Bench

I was at my local thrift store a while ago looking for a treasure but there was nothing to be found. As I was walking out the door, I heard this screeching sound.  "Sounds like furniture,"  is what I said to the kids and we quickly turned around and high tailed it to the back of the store.  This very old yet full of potential bench had just been pushed out. "I'll take it," I said to the guy who just pushed it out.  I get the craziest looks from these people cause most of the stuff I buy is pretty hideous.  The Before:

I had already pulled off the icky leather covering and had my hubby add the legs.
The After:

I think it turned out pretty good.  That is fabric on top if you can't tell.  It's very soft and velvety.  Headed to my booth Merchant Square! :)

3 comments:

Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

Great makeover. I love the addition of the bun feet and the zebra fabric top.

Vicky said...

Be still my heart!!! I love, love, love that.

Unknown said...

I love the transformation! Sorry for my english i'm a french person! I'm from Québec.. But I have a question .. how do u lay the zebra fabric on the top?