Thursday, March 1, 2012

Breakfast In Bed Tray

My husband made this tray for me out of some Knotty Alder wood.  He's kind of taken up this wood working hobby that works great for me since he's able to help me fix up all the pieces that I work on. I think he did an awesome job with this tray if I do say so myself! He rocked it!  Then he stained it in dark walnut then I taped both the corners, put my stencil on top of the tape, traced the stencil and then used an exacto knife to cut out the stencil.  I removed all the tape except for the inside of the stencil.  I then painted it with some ASCP Paris Grey.  I removed the tape and then went over the whole tray with some dark wax.  I LOVE how it turned out.  The reverse stencil with the stained wood peeking through just gets me all excited in a crafty sort of way! 





These legs are from an old antique card table.  I didn't like the top even though it had a cute painting on it but it couldn't be fixed up and it just wasn't my taste so I chose to recycle the legs.  :)  (The tray isn't glued on so it can be taken off.)





2 comments:

Norma said...

This is amazing! Love it bunches!

Twice Nice said...

That is lovely!